Aug 17, 2007

Training...and Then Here

Yes, I know it's been awhile since I've updated our info. site, but I was off doing some training for the Army. It wasn't the Army that needed the training though, oddly enough. Evidently, it was me who needed it.

I was there in Grafenwoehr, Germany for nearly a month, firing my new M4 (the updated version of the M16), Firing the M240B (machine gun), and firing the .50 cal (REALLY BIG machine gun).

Finally, we all got on a bus and headed back to the wonderful little town of Baumholder, while, although it isn't much in regards to a military post, it is home for the next few years.

Tricia suggested we go away for the weekend, and she suggested Paris. (It's awesome to think that we now live only a few minutes from the most visited city in the world.)

We decided we couldn't afford to go to Paris right now, so we decided against it, but we still wanted to go somewhere for the 4-day weekend.

Since Tricia's birthday was the 15th of August, I decided I wanted to take her somewhere really special.

And that's how we ended up here...in Paris. :-)

We have already experienced a bit of Paris culture, and I'll tell you about that in the next post. But for now, we're preparing to go sightseeing - the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, and possibly Hard Rock Cafe (Paris).

So for now...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm so very "jealous" I would have loved to have gone to Paris. I would even have pushed the stroller of that little cherub that you call Caitlyn as well. Love ya..have a great time!!

Trisha said...

Hey!!
I hope you all are doing good! Your little girl is sooo cute! They grow up so fast! Well just thought I would say hi!

Unknown said...

Which is a worse sin? Hating you guys for going to Paris or envying you for going to Paris? Hmmmmm....